Thursday, December 15, 2011

So it's been a few weeks...

I can't believe what a difference a little healthy eating has made in my life. Honestly though, I should believe it quite easily. After all, I have lost weight before, and I have made life style adjustments before.

Thing is, it really does take effort. It takes will power to pass by that drive thru. Or at least just order a coffee and nothing else (like 2 hashbrowns and a pair of breakfast burritos! Ha!)

Yesterday was my weigh-in day... I have lost another 3 pounds! So happy. That's 4 in total now! It's funny, because now I actually have the ambition to work out. I'm really trying to find some time to do it this week. It's hard because of Christmas coming and what not, but I *will* do at least one workout this week!

A few of the changes I've made:
~ Portion control. I used to take a regular size dinner plate and fill it up until I couldn't see the plate anymore. And I would eat the whole thing. I'm a big girl... I could do it! Now, I take a breakfast plate and put smaller portions. I eat that, wait 5 minutes and if I'm still not satisfied, I will take more vegetables to fill me up. And it usually doesn't take much more!
~ Drinking more water. Drinking more anything really (except alcohol!) Water is your best friend. BUT if you really want that Coke, opt for a diet Coke, and try not to have too many in a week.
~ Walking. I haven't had a chance to actually go for a walk... but I am now parking at the farthest point away at the office at work, and when I go to the mall, I don't drive around looking for the closest place to park. Instead of the elevator, I take the stairs now. And when I do, I try to go up as quick as possible, flexing leg and tunny muscles as I go. You don't need to start with a 5km jog. A few extra steps a day can make a big difference. (Also, with all that water you'll be drinking, you'll be making more trips to the washroom... more steps!!)

So, as you can see, I'm not on any fad diet, or crazy exercise regime. Just living life and trying to live it smart.

What are you waiting for? Join me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment