Friday, November 04, 2011

Every great journey begins with one step... or something like that!


Hi there! My name is Nicole and I am a working mom. I have 2 wonderful boys, Rowan and Isaac, who at this point in time are 2 ½ and 15 months. My husband Jamie and I have been married for four incredible years and we have been in our home for 3 years.

By profession, I am a CAD Draftsperson. What is CAD? It stands for Computer Aided Drafting. Basically, I take some scratchy sketches made by an Architect and put them on the computer and print them out so people in the construction industry can read them! Haha

In my spare time I LOVE to craft. Be it with paper, fabric, Styrofoam, canvas, etc. I love to make things with my hands. I’m big on scrapbooking, that’s for sure! With 2 small children I want to record every moment and milestone! I also love to bake and cook. Put those 2 loves together and I thought, “Wow, I could really save a lot of money if I figured out how to do things myself” I work hard for my money, and I’d like to spend as little as possible. I know you do too.

But why should I write a blog about it? I figured I wasn’t the only one on the planet thinking this. And with my search of the internet, I also found that I won’t be the only one blogging about it, either!

What’s the difference with this blog? The Canadian flair, of course! A lot of the blogs that I have found on these topics have been American or European. I would have to try to find substitutes for items or stores before getting any project started. I want to make the “getting started” process easier for you and the “getting it done” process fun and easy.

If you see anything out there that you’re thinking “I could make that” Shoot me a message and we can work together on how to figure it out and get it in your house for a fraction of the cost. Now, I’m not talking about a couch or a car here!

~See a really cool decorating option?
~Had an amazing meal at a restaurant that you want to duplicate at home?
~See a neat kid craft that you’d like more info on?
~Want to do it yourself?

You’re at the right blog.

Long story short, this blog will be about 3 things: crafting, cooking and saving money while doing it.

If that interests you, take your coat off and stay awhile!

And please feel free to comment on any of my posts! But, just for some guidelines, please nothing that would make your grandmother blush! I would like to keep this area comfortable and constructive for everyone. (By the way, I don’t know about you, but my grandmother makes ME blush sometimes! Haha)

Welcome to Think/Create/Save!

No comments:

Post a Comment